Saturday, 24 December 2011

Me and Mrs. Jones, a Decade On.

      "Holding hands, making all kinds of plans..."
                                             -Billy Paul

     SWMBO and I celebrate our tenth anniversary today.  Every day I am amazed that she continues to tolerate me- my barrel of luck is larger than most.

      Thanks for a wonderful decade, sweety, I love you.

    After a flurry of activity in the skunkworks earlier, I am taking the rest of the day off after writing this memo:

   Note to self-

Hanging  C-clamps from the overhead pipes is a great to get them out of the way, yet still have them close to hand.  With 7' of headroom in the skunkworks, and with a personal airdraft of 5'6", there is lots of clearance.

Forgetting you have  C-clamps hanging 7' overhead while carrying 78" long pieces of moulding vertically is an effective way of bouncing a C -clamp off your head.

CONTINUING to carry said lumber after the first clamp drops on your head is not recommended...
If there are 5 more still hanging.  For the moment.

I got every damn one.  And every one got me.

I am going to lay down now.

Thanks for taking the time to check us out.  Please feel free to "Talk the Dock!"  Link us, follow us, or just tell your friends.


  1. knock knock..
    whos there..
    See who
    C Clamp...

  2. I am sure that the clamps get their name from their shape, but as a musician you most certainly know that they are not all accurately tuned to "C". Perhaps a helmet is in order?

  3. 10 years? Wow! You should offer a course to the Kardashians and Sinead O'Connor and others. If you could guarantee them a year, they would pay you lots I'm sure.