Sunday 8 July 2012

Pottahawk 2012- First Casualty

     "One time too many, too far to go..."
                          -Talking Heads






   7 people
  16 foot ski boat
   4 coolers.
   You do the math.



  Right in the middle of the fairway, just off the end of Dock One.

  Luckily, no one was injured, although two pizzas and two bottles of booze were lost to the depths, and a sandwich was cast adrift.

The boat hit bottom at about 8:45, and by 9:00 the Coasties had it hooked, cleared, floating and in tow back to their dock to be pumped out.  They were so efficient I didn't even have time to get a picture.
 By 9:35 the boat was being towed back to the ramp for it's red-faced young owner to reclaim and re-trailer.





"Talk the Dock!"

7 comments:

  1. OK, I'll get my fins and a mask. Those bottles have got to be somewhere and they're tired and scared, we've got to rescue them. Did you put out a marker?

    ReplyDelete
  2. we got the sandwich, delivered to the back of our boat on dock 2, unfortunatly it was soggy, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was too funny...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the rescue of the booze. Some people's kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i took a video of this, posted on youtube. when I got out of my slip and drove past the coast guard, more bottles were floating there too. I wish I had time to video the people swimming to the docks. I'm glad everyone got out safe.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwMaQbvYmcQ&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  6. DAMN IT JIM , I'M ONLY A DOCTOR, BUT WE'VE GOT TO SAVE THOSE BOTTLES ! ! Cool down McCoy,
    if they're out there, we'll find them.... V A L

    ReplyDelete
  7. 7 people in that thing? Is he related to the guy on long island sound from the 4th of July? That thing would be overloaded with 4 people. With how close it was to the ramp one has to wonder if forgot to put in the drain plug.

    ReplyDelete