Wednesday 18 May 2011

The State of the Blog Address

      "Let the bells ring out!"
            -Robbie Robertson




     The Dock Six Chronicles passed a milestone this week.  Less than three months since I started tapping away at this ongoing, impending, car- wreck of a blog, the Chronicles has now passed 10,000 page views!

     I didn't think the wheels would stay on nearly this long.

     Thanks to all of you who have discovered us here on the Dock and decided we're worth spending some time with.  Thanks to all of you on the Dock, for your feedback, post suggestions, comments and spreading the word.
I hope you all enjoy reading this as much as I enjoy writing it.

    There have been some changes to the blog over the past few weeks as I try out adding some features, and attempt to come up with some sort of cohesive format.  Here's what's happening- as always your thoughts are greatly appreciated:

     1.  The projects page will be updated monthly and I want more input from all of you- if you've got a low-buck projj-ect fire me the details, I'll post it as a regular blog post, then at the end of each month I'll add that month's new projects to the "Low Buck Projects" page.

     2.  We have been chosen as an Amazon Affiliate-  you can shop at Amazon directly from the Dock Six Chronicles, and Amazon will run ads along the margin that relates to the blog posts on the page.  This is going to become very convenient because...

     3.  A book review post, or series of posts, is in the works.  I NEED your input.  What boat-books have you read that you find are invaluable, interesting or just entertaining?   Fire me an email or a comment with the title, author, and why it's a good book.  If the feedback is positive, I can see making this a regular feature.  Read about a book you haven't read and want to try?  Boom!  Go straight to Amazon.  Easy-peasy.

     (*Full shameless disclosure-  I apparently get some sort of small commission for every click-through to Amazon from the Dock Six Chronicles. If it covers my rum budget, I would be surprised. But, if the idea of yours truly profiting from this enterprise appalls you, then feel free to resist the impulse to click on the ads.  I won't be mad at you.)

     4.  More on- the -water posts. Today it is raining.  Again.  Like yesterday.  And the day before.  And the day before that.  Remember back when I asked you all to pray for rain?

 STOP IT!!!!!

     Sooner or later the weather has to get better, more boats have to get in the water, and we can finally depart from stately Jones manor for the season, more or less.

     5.  Last, I want to get some guest input from my fellow Docksters.  James, are you listening?  I need a docking tutorial.  Jim and Maryann, how about a quick overview of Long Point Bay fishing?  Jack, I need info on  McVay boats.  Jordan!  More info on the dinghy build!

     6.  The Long Point Lap has really stirred some interest, and I have tentatively scheduled the Lap for the weekend of July 15-17, with an alternate of July 22-24  looks like we might be seeing a fair number of boats from all over Southern Ontario.

  So, that's where we are, where we've been, and where we're going.  Thanks to everyone who has been following along and contributing.  Keep Talking the Dock!

1 comment:

  1. Good job Brian. Nice blog. I have launched, slip 651. Where are you?

    Eric

    ReplyDelete